Please note that we are an appointment based private practice. Unfortunately this means that we are unable to provide crisis support or after hours care.
If you or your child requires urgent mental health assistance please contact one of the following services:
- Lifeline, phone: 131 114, chat based service: www.lifeline.org.au
- Kids Helpline, phone: 1800 55 1800, chat based service: www.kidshelpline.com.au
- Suicide Call Back Service: 1300 659 467, chat based service: www.suicidecallbackservice.org.au
- Latrobe Regional Hospital Mental Health Triage, phone: 1300 363 322;
- or attend your nearest after hours GP clinic or hospital emergency department.
For further assistance accessing the right types of non-urgent support please contact:
- Gippsland Primary Health Network initiative Head to Help: www.headtohelp.org.au
- Australian Federal Government initiative Head to Health: www.headtohealth.gov.au
We made it! What a year it has been.
Thank you to all of our wonderful clients, their families and support staff, and our incredible colleagues for an absolutely epic year.
The year wasn’t easy, but it was worth it. Thank you so much to each and everyone of you for allowing us to be part of your journey this year. There were many ups and downs… but you, and your little people, were brave. You tried new things. You supported each other. And in the overwhelming moments, we all took a breath, and regrouped. We learnt a lot. Thank you so much for ‘riding the wave’ with us!
May your holidays be full of fun, laughter, rest, and quiet moments of contemplation.
Our office will be closed from today, December 24th 2020, through to January 12th 2021.
If you require emergency assistance during the holiday period, please contact your nearest after hours GP clinic, emergency helpline, or the nearest hospital emergency department.
Appointment times, and all assessment reports, will be finalised in the coming weeks. Thank you for your patience.
The New Year will bring many changes to Healthwise Gippsland. We’re looking forward to sharing our new developments with you.
We’ll see you again soon.
Jackie, Catherine and the HWG Team x
All appointments are now office based, unless you request Telehealth by phoning reception on (03) 51736811.
COVID-19 management plans are in place. Please see previous updates below for requirements when entering the clinic building.
Thank you for your ongoing support during these difficult times.
Reception are doing their best to answer as many phone calls as possible.
However, due to the high volume of calls currently being received by the clinic you may be required to leave a message when calling.
We will endeavour to call you back as soon as possible. If you have not received a response within 24 hours, please call again or email us directly (contact details: see Contact Us) Thank you for your understanding!
As an essential health service, Healthwise Gippsland is continuing to offer face to face appointments. However, in order for us to safely offer face to face appointments we need assistance from families to ensure the ongoing good health and wellbeing of everyone who visits our clinic.
A number of families who visit our clinic on a regular basis have children and family members with complex medical needs and disabilities. As a result of this, COVID-19, and other similar illnesses (such as colds and seasonal flu), pose a much greater risk to these families.
We therefore ask you adhere to the following COVID-19 management plan when entering the clinic building:
- All persons 12 years and over are required to wear a face mask, as directed by DHHS guidelines.
- Please use hand sanitiser on entry. All high touch surfaces, including tables, chairs, and resources, are thoroughly cleaned and disinfected prior to the commencement of all sessions.
- Please minimise time spent in the waiting areas (i.e. please arrive on time for your appointment, and if attending with your child please ensure that siblings are kept home if at all possible).
- Only two people in addition to the practitioner are able to enter clinical spaces (i.e. one child and one adult, or two adults) due to social distancing guidelines.
- All sessions will be finished on time (i.e. 50 minutes) to ensure that practitioners are able to undertake cleaning prior to any subsequent sessions.
- If you, or a member of your household, has been unwell do not attend the clinic. Contact reception on (03) 51736811 to organise a Telehealth appointment as an alternative.
- If you, or a member of your immediate household, are awaiting COVID-19 test results, please do not attend the clinic. Contact reception on (03) 51736811 to organise a Telehealth appointment as an alternative.
- If you, or a member of your immediate household, have been in contact with someone who has tested positive to COVID-19 in the last 14 days, do not attend the clinic. Contact reception on (03) 51736811 to organise a Telehealth appointment as an alternative.
- If you have visited a COVID-19 hotspot in the last 14 days, please contact reception to discuss additional precautions that may be required for your appointment.
The continued good health and wellbeing of everyone who visits our clinic, including our staff and their families, is our absolute priority. We sincerely appreciate your ongoing support with these measures during this difficult time.
Information about explaining COVID-19 to children can be found here.
Social stories about wearing face masks can be found here.
Information about children's reactions to bushfires can be found here.
During school and general public holidays:
If you or your child need urgent assistance during a holiday period, or after hours, please contact one of the following 24 hour services:
- Lifeline (Ph 131114);
- Kids Help Line (Ph 1800 55 1800);
- LRH Mental Health Triage (Ph 1300 363 322)
- your local after hours GP clinic;
- or attend the nearest hospital emergency department.